Dave's Preparation

  It is with great anticipation and a bit of anxiety that I prepare to leave my comfortable San Diego life behind to live, teach and learn in Xi’an, China for one year.  I will also help colleagues at the medical school with their technical English writing.

I will be teaching conversational English, medical English and medical students at Jiaotong  University.  I owe this opportunity to my wife, Wendy, who found me this great job.  


These past few weeks I have been organizing syllabi for my classes and trying to imagine who my future students, colleagues and friends will be.  I hope that they will get as much out of having me there as I anticipate I will get by being there.


I am excited about working on my Mandarin, learning more about China and making new connections.  I hope I can play cello in a local orchestra.


I look forward to to sharing my journey with you through this blog.  Thanks, Wendy, for all your hard work with setting this up!

Comments

Post a Comment